Tuna Melts are one of my favorite easy go to meals for busy days. It is the perfect meal for Holiday evenings when you are rushing around. It comes together quickly with things often on hand and is tasty and nutritious.
Tuna is high in protein and minerals and while a little high in fat, most of the fat is mono- and polyunsaturated, which lowers blood cholesterol levels and helps maintain your brain and joints.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
1 Tbsp The Bean & The Leaf Lemon Pepper
(2) 6 oz packages white albacore tuna (2 cans)
4 slices of tomato
2-4 slices of Swiss Cheese
2 slices sourdough bread or whatever your favorite is.
– Preheat oven to 350°.
– In a medium bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, lemon
and The Bean & The Leaf Lemon Pepper.
– Stir in the tuna, breaking it up slightly.
– Place tomato slices on each slice.
– Divide the tuna mix evenly and place on the bread.
– Top the tuna with your swiss cheese.
– Place sandwiches on a nonstick baking sheet.
– Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 7 minutes,
or until cheese is melted are golden.
Serve immediately alone or with a small salad. Yummy!